Wednesday 24 April 2013

Don Quixote!

Last Friday was my birthday, and on Saturday, my dad was kind enough to take me to see the Australian Ballet's Don Quixote at the Sydney Opera House!

The performance was incredible, my eyes were glued to the stage the entire time! I was not very familiar with Don Q before Saturday, I didn't really know what to expect. However from the start  I fell in love with the mixture comical aspects and the magical/classical dancing. If you ever get the chance to see a production of Don Q, I would surely recommend!  

I have to say, seeing a live production of a major company is really inspirational, because the next class I took was a really good class, maybe I was channeling my inner Kitri?
Snippets of the program

Dinner at the Opera Bar just before
the performance, spaghetti and champagne!
Sorry, this post is later than I wanted, I did mean to post it earlier! On another note, I've started doing cardio (30 min treadmill, 10 mins spin) and pilates (about 40 min) to get into shape for next week's exam. I'll see you then with a post on how I went! Hope you're all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment