Friday 1 February 2013

Back on track after a weird week!

I'm back to posting normal posts! I was unable to post normally during summer school as I had no computer, only my phone!

Unfortunately I fell off track this week following summer school, but in my defense it has been a weird week. I went back to school on Wednesday and then from Wednesday evening then throughout Thursday I was sure I was getting a cold; fever, sore throat etc. but today when I took the day off from school I feel fine! I don't understand my body, I really don't. So all this has thrown a spanner in the works, plus I don't go back to my ballet studio until next week.  I'm sure once the school week begins properly and I have ballet as normal, everything will fall into place.

I did most of my routine tonight after about a week's break and I have seemed to have not lost a lot of flexibility, like I expected. I'd hate to have all my hard work done for nothing! But hopefully I'll return to where I was before and continue to improve it. I'd consider OSEIJ successful because I have seen a good amount of improvement in my flexibility, but most importantly an improvement in my motivation to stretch. Even if I didn't actually stretch everyday, I tried to stretch, whenever it was possible, because I knew I would have to document on here whether I did so or not. I think this month I do need to document when I fall off track and the reasons why, even if they are petty. It'll encourage me to complete my routine each day more.

Goals for the month:
-focus on main corrections from ss:
weight forward in turns
no arched back
eyes up
use of plies in allegro
-maintain stretch and strength routine
-work on double pirouettes

And I'll add some more when class starts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment